CVS update: gnucash/src/import-export

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:33:40 -0500

> No I didn't :-) but good that you ask. The dialog-account-pick already
> existed in the HBCI module, i.e. I wrote it ~3 months ago by copying
> from the qif-importer's dialog-account-picker, and only recently moved
> it to a common location. The dialog-account-pick is still being used in
> the HBCI Setup druid.
>
> If your Account-matcher dialog is able to do the same thing but offering
> more features, it might be an option to move the Account-matcher code to
> a common generic location (src/gnome-utils) and using only that one for
> account picking.

Well, it's actually an account matcher that can also be used as an account
picker.  I tried to make it into the be-all/end-all of account pickers.  It
could go into an other location, but I don't think src/gnome-utils would
really be appropriate.  In some operation modes, it will actually write data
in the kvp-frame of the selected account.  So it's not really a "pure" gui
element (especially since in one of the match modes, there will be no gui
interaction at all if the account is found).  So I guess it's mostly an
import thing (but a very generic one), so it's current location in the
generic import module seems appropriate to me, unless it would be needed in
other parts of GnuCash (besides import/export).