Optimize 1.8 Schedule for news coverage

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
29 Nov 2002 03:03:41 -0800

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 02:39, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the latest 1.8 schedule
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2002-November/007402.html
> proposed a final 1.8.0 release on Dec 22. However, that whole week of
> Dec 22 will probably be busy will before-Christmas stuff. I think that
> News coverage about our final release on the major sites (e.g. slashdot
> for US, heise.de for Germany) is probably much less if we indeed come
> out in that week. Therefore I propose to move 1.8.0 either forward or
> backward in time. Either the quick schedule:
>
> Dec 1: 1.7.4 Deep freeze (no new features until after 1.8.0)
> Dec 15: 1.7.5 Release candidate
> Dec 19: 1.8.0 Final
>
> Or the relaxed schedule:
>
> Dec 1: 1.7.4
> Dec 15: 1.7.5
> Dec 24: 1.7.6 (or somewhere around that date) Release Candidate
> Jan 5: 1.8.0 Final
>
> What do people think? For me and HBCI, the current code is IMHO stable
> enough to make the quick schedule. Are there still missing parts that
> are essential for 1.8? I know of
>
> * Currency exchange transaction Dialog; responsible: Derek -- seems like
> it is not yet fully implemented. I might have a look at that today or
> tomorrow, too, so it is not yet clear whether it can make it into 1.7.4.

I'm planning to release the first set of docs with 1.7.4 (if I can get
the build system working). I've finished the initial draft and am
working now on getting it into docbook and valid for that. So I have no
problem with either set of release dates. The later one would just give
me more time to add more into them. I'm basically willing to follow
whatever release schedule you guys want.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit