Optimize 1.8 Schedule for news coverage

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:52:54 -0500

On November 29, 2002 05:39 am, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Dec 1: 1.7.4 Deep freeze (no new features until after 1.8.0)
> Dec 15: 1.7.5 Release candidate
> Dec 19: 1.8.0 Final
>
> Or the relaxed schedule:
>
> Dec 1: 1.7.4
> Dec 15: 1.7.5
> Dec 24: 1.7.6 (or somewhere around that date) Release Candidate
> Jan 5: 1.8.0 Final
>
> What do people think? For me and HBCI, the current code is IMHO stable
> enough to make the quick schedule. Are there still missing parts that
> are essential for 1.8? I know of
>
> * Currency exchange transaction Dialog; responsible: Derek -- seems like
> it is not yet fully implemented. I might have a look at that today or
> tomorrow, too, so it is not yet clear whether it can make it into 1.7.4.
>
> More comments?

Well, I still have a fair bit of work to do on the transaction matcher.  And
some of the changes might affect your matcher as well.   I don't know how
much code will have to be moved around.  But my immediate problem has more to
do with 1.7.4 than the relaxed or short schedule for 1.8.  I will try to get
it done this weekend, but I can't promise anything.

The rest should be able to be stabilized for release candidate.  I personally
prefer the short schedule, so we all have some real vacation during
christmas.