HBCI status report

Dariush Forouher dariush@forouher.de
30 Nov 2002 13:17:14 +0100

Am Sam, 2002-11-30 um 11.12 schrieb Christian Stimming:
> > GnomeUI-WARNING **: gnome_app_insert_menus_custom: couldn't find
> > insertion point for menus!
>
> Weird. We used to have that problem for everybody, but I thought they have
> been fixed since three weeks ago. I don't get that with LANG=de_DE@euro. What
> is the setting of your LANG variable? Also, did you get the whole gnucash
> package including its po/ subdirectory installed?
LC_ALL="de_DE@euro"; LANG="de_DE@euro"
And yes, I fetched everything. If I start gnucash with LANG=de_DE@euro,
some parts are indeed in German.

> > If I try to get the current balance, GNUCash will report 0,00 (that's
> > wrong :). A I read on the ML before, this problem seems to be not new
> > and is AFAIR related to libopenhbci. I'm using currently openhbci 0.9.3,
> > I'll try current CVS tommorrow.
> >
> > Related console output is:
> > Noted balance: 0,00 for account no. 000xxxxxxxx at date Thu Jan  1
> > 00:59:59 1970
> > Booked balance: 0,00 for account no. 000xxxxxxx at date Thu Jan  1
> > 00:59:59 1970
>
> If that's your console output, it means that your bank doesn't support balance
> retrieval through HBCI. Unfortunately there's nothing Gnucash or OpenHBCI can
> do about that. I should probably add more detailed user feedback messages
> about that case.
But there must be a way to get the balance, since StarMoney works just
fine...

> > Another minor demand ragarding the hbci droid: This information about
> > UserID and IP is saved on the chipcard, so it would a nice feature if
> > gnu could fetch them automatically.
>
> Right :-) but unfortunately I don't own a chip card and -reader, so I cannot
> test anything that I've done there. At least you are confirming that it works
> in the first place. If you can describe to me in more detail what should be
> changed in the user interface of the setup druid, I would happily implement
> that for all chip card users.
Well, I have no idea how to get those infos through openhbci, but there
is a small tool called "hbcicard" shipped with libchipcard, that can
display this information.

ciao
Dariush
--