EggDateTime status

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
05 Oct 2002 11:40:56 -0700

--=-HE106BirAA/JBjl1Apig

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 09:45, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 06:32:26PM -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
>=20
> | On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 03:25:45PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> | >=20
> | > What do Evolution, Gnumeric, and other apps like that use for this
> | > sort of widget, by the way? I think meeting their needs would be
> | > important.
> |=20
> | It is not necessary in Gnumeric, but I suspect that Gnucash would
> | definitely have something to say about this.  The entry in Quicken
> | is quite advanced.
>=20
> I'm having trouble finding information about libegg ... but the sketches
> around it seem neat.
>=20
> In any case, it seems like a gtk-2.0/gnome-2.0 extension lib.  GnuCash
> [including the upcoming 1.8] is still at gtk-1.2 ... a 2.0 port/new-front=
end
> will be discussed for gnucash-2.0, however.  As we do make heavy use of
> the GnomeDateTime widget, this is interesting.

Actually, it's a custom widget based on the GnomeDateTime widget.
(gnc-date-edit.c in src/gnome-utils). The main feature, apart from
doing i8ln, is support for hot-keys for changing the date. Does this
new widget support that? It is very important for GnuCash.

Another date widget that GnuCash uses is gnc-date-delta.c which
is used for selecting selecting timespans (4 weeks, 2 months, etc.).

Yet another date function is selecting relative dates (first of this
month, etc.)

I believe evolution has equivalents for the last two functions.
I'm not sure if it has hot-keys for changing the date.

dave

--=-HE106BirAA/JBjl1Apig

--=-HE106BirAA/JBjl1Apig--