Gnucash 1.8 proposed schedule (and HBCI status)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
08 Oct 2002 17:21:51 -0400

Yea, this is DaveP's fault (and he's never come back to fix it).  The
problem is that that the events interface assumes events are in the
"current book" and when you create a new book it gets confused
(because the new book's GUID is not in "current-book's" entity table.

One fix would be to turn off the create-event on book creation,
although Dave said "that would be bad", although I can't see why --
nothing seems to use it.  This would basically mean turning off
the calls to gnc_engine_generate_event() in gnc-book.c.

The real fix would be to change the gnc-event interface to either:
a) take a book, b) take a session, or c) not use the "entity table."

At least, I assume this is the error you see.

-derek