Error during make

Olaf Faaland ofaaland@attbi.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:44:30 -0700

On Saturday 12 October 2002 11:41 am, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 10:53, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > As I don't plan on reverting to gnucash 1.6.x, should I just uninstall
> > the 1.2.1 version? Or, is it possible to use RPM to change where g-wrap
> > 1.2.1 gets installed? Something like rpm -ivh --prefix=3D/opt/g-wrap/1.=
2.1
> > <name of g-wrap rpm>.rpm? Perhaps using an SRPM?
>
> I would just uninstall the 1.2.1 version.  Its possible to install RPMS
> in a specified directory, but I think that the rpm has so be built to
> support relocation.
>
> David

To install a package with rpm in an alternate directory, if the rpm was not=
=20
built for relocation, you use --relocate and --badreloc (the former tells r=
pm=20
where to put the files, the latter tells it to disregard whether the packag=
e=20
supports relocation or not).

e.g.

rpm -ivh --relocate /usr/share/guile=3D/opt/g-wrap/1.2.1 --badreloc=20<name of=20
g-wrap rpm>.rpm

I've used this successfully on other applications (meaning the app worked e=
ven=20
though it wasn't where the builder expected it to go).  It may not work her=
e,=20
but there's no harm in trying.  You can always remove the rpm if it fails.

I'd be interested to hear if it works.

Olaf