HBCI and recurring transfers (was: 1.7.1 alpha-release--testing)

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:12:48 +0200

Eildert Groeneveld wrote:

>  success stories: I have tried (with Christians help) HBCI transaction
> on my account and it seems that gnucash can now replace the windows program I
> have used thus far and for which I needed to either run vmware of boot into
> windows. That seems to be a thing of the past now. GREAT!!

:-) Thanks for the laurels.

> A few other comments:
> 1. will there be a management for recurring transfers handled by the bank
> (Dauerauftrag in German)?

Three different issues:

1. Gnucash support: Recurring transfers, or "Scheduled Transactions" as
the gnucash community calls them, are a new feature of the upcoming
1.7.x/1.8.x series. These now work quite well, although they might still
require some more testing until they can be fully considered stable. So
on the gnucash end the support is there.

2. OpenHBCI support: Recurring transfers, or "Standing Orders"
(Dauerauftraege) as the OpenHBCI community calls them, are fully
implemented in the current openhbci code. On the OpenHBCI end the
support is there as well.

3. Tie 1+2 together, i.e. HBCI support in gnucash: There is no work
currently going on to implement the support of OpenHBCI's standing
orders from gnucash's scheduled transactions. I personally will not work
on that, due to job/time constraints. I will focus on the basic HBCI
functionality and that this works, but I cannot commit to anything more.
But if any other developer wants to join and/or step in to extend
gnucash's HBCI support to these features, I will happily assist in such
work. It only requires C coding skills and some GUI design in gtk...

Christian