Why is GNCAccountSel in src/gnome (instead of src/gnome-utils)?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Oct 2002 00:53:10 -0400

Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org> writes:

> Nope.  It was originally in gnome-utils/, but a dependency on
> gnc_ui_new_account_with_types [dialog-account/dialog-account.c] for the
> new-account creation forced it later in the compilation ... to gnome/.
> We could disable 'new account' functionality, but I know both of us
> wanted it.  OTOH, the gnc-account-sel will re-populate if a new account
> is created by anything else, so perhaps it's not such a bad thing.

Damn.  I was afraid of that.

I want to include the GNCAccountSel in the options-dialog, but the
options-dialog is in gnome-utils.

Now I'm wondering..  There is a dependency on dialog-account, but not
necessarily on gnome.  Why can't I move dialog-account "earlier" in
the build process?  What are the dependencies on dialog-account?

I _REALLY_ want to use GNCAccountSel in dialog-options, which exists
in gnome-utils.  I'd prefer to avoid a major code shuffle, but I'm
willing to undertake that to get stuff into a more "reasonable"
location....

> :(

:-(