Why is GNCAccountSel in src/gnome (instead of src/gnome-utils)?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Oct 2002 14:12:54 -0400

After talking with Josh on #gnucash and doing a little research, it looks
like the issue with dialog-account is a weird dependency issue:

1) lots of stuff uses dialog-account (including the ledger)
2) dialog-account depends on (uses) code in gnome-utils
3) dialog-account also depends on gnc-ledger-display.h so it can call
   gnc_ledger_display_destroy_by_account()!

So there is this circular dependency (with the ledger).  I plan to
remove this dependency (#3 above) by having the ledger set a callback
with dialog-account which gets called indirectly (instead of the
direct dependency that currently exists).

This should let me move dialog-account back into gnome-utils, and then
move GNCAccountSel into gnome-utils, etc.

Josh seems to concur.

I plan to perform some more tests before I delve into this, but I
figured I should let people know that I expect dialog-account and
gnc-account-sel to both move into gnome-utils.

Speak up now if you disagree ;)