Update-Finance-Quote dependancy of libwww-perl.

Nigel Titley nigel@titley.com
22 Oct 2002 17:59:50 +0100

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 16:09, Decibels wrote:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> Perhaps break out the Quotes package into a gnucash-get-quotes rpm that
> has the libwww-perl dependency?
>
> Then it also has to be a .deb...,  more work for the developers on the
> other end?! Am I correct?
> Yet another idea: How about an error message saying to make sure these
> packages are installed
> when you run quotes and it doesn't work.
>
> The biggest issue is the without libwww-perl quotes won't work and I
> don't remember there
> being a message say that that was the reason.

Maybe I'm being stupid, but isn't CPAN quite good at following
dependencies and loading anything missing. That's certainly what
happened when I ran update-finance-quote in order to load the Financial
Quotes stuff. Certainly it spotted that I hadn't got libwww-perl and
loaded it for me.

Nigel