Update-Finance-Quote dependancy of libwww-perl.

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
25 Oct 2002 23:09:25 -0500

--=-a/6Uwj3J2qP8/NiIB1bT

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 20:45, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Well, I was looking at it, but I can't reproduce the problem
> you claim to be having.  What exactly is the problem?  You click
> on the "Get Quotes" button on the "Price" dialog and it silently
> fails?
>=20
> -derek

I think the issue was in the dependency on a possibly missing
libwww-perl, or something like that.  That's something that's best
handled at install time, though, by the package manager or the "make
install-er" person.  GnuCash can advertise its software requirements,
but it cannot be responsible for installing external programs.  However,
libwww-perl or whatever could be made a Requirement in the package
manager, except that some people may install it via CPAN, in which case
the package manager won't know about it...

Perhaps the requirement should just be listed in the "Software
Requirements" section in the README and on the Web site...

>=20
> Decibels <decibelshelp@charter.net> writes:
>=20
> > Haven't heard anymore on this. Can I assume that this issue will be
> > worked on and
> > drop the bug report at Gentoo?
> >=20
> >=20
> > Derek Atkins wrote:
> >=20

> > >Of course you could get it from the gnucash site, right next to gnucas=
h-XX.rpm

> > >Don't worry about how that would work..

> > >Hmm, I suppose we could grey it out, but that would be more
> > >challening.  Plugging in new menu items is relatively easy.  Greying
> > >them out is more challenging.  I'll take a look.
> > >
> > >-derek
> > >

> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> --=20
>        warlord@MIT.EDU                        PGP key available
>=20
>=20
--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-a/6Uwj3J2qP8/NiIB1bT

--=-a/6Uwj3J2qP8/NiIB1bT--