Update-Finance-Quote dependancy of libwww-perl.

Decibels decibelshelp@charter.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:24:29 -0500

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Decibels <decibelshelp@charter.net> writes:
>

>>Right, runtime only?
>>
>>Let me get straight on this. If it is broken out into it's own
>>package, will it be a
>>seperate download? If so would Quotes error and say that you need to
>>install this package
>>in order to use Quotes, when invoked from the main package window and
>>it wasn't installed?
>>

>Well, the way I would work it is that if you don't have the
>gnucash-get-quotes package installed, you will never see the "Get
>Quotes" menu item at all.
>
>-derek

That sounds pretty reasonable to me, as long as you could get it from
the GnuCash site.

The main program would still have to look for the new quotes package to
see if it's install(ed) each time it was started.
Or the install of gnucash-get-quotes package would have to set a flag in
the main program config to say it is installed
and show the button (Get Quotes) in the Price Editor then.

How bout instead of not showing the button (Get Quotes), have it Greyed
Out?  Not sure if that would cause
any less confusion, but it might let people know that the option wasn't
enabled, rather than having them think
the install failed.