Update-Finance-Quote dependancy of libwww-perl.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 Oct 2002 13:30:13 -0400

Decibels <decibelshelp@charter.net> writes:

> That sounds pretty reasonable to me, as long as you could get it from
> the GnuCash site.

Of course you could get it from the gnucash site, right next to gnucash-XX.rpm

> The main program would still have to look for the new quotes package
> to see if it's install(ed) each time it was started.
> Or the install of gnucash-get-quotes package would have to set a flag
> in the main program config to say it is installed
> and show the button (Get Quotes) in the Price Editor then.

Don't worry about how that would work..

> How bout instead of not showing the button (Get Quotes), have it
> Greyed Out?  Not sure if that would cause
> any less confusion, but it might let people know that the option
> wasn't enabled, rather than having them think
> the install failed.

Hmm, I suppose we could grey it out, but that would be more
challening.  Plugging in new menu items is relatively easy.  Greying
them out is more challenging.  I'll take a look.