What does this error mean?

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
13 Sep 2002 02:30:19 -0700

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 02:16, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 21:19, Laurent Duperval wrote:
> > On  4 Sep, To: gnucash-devel@lists.gnucash.org wrote:
> > > Never mind. I just remembered that I got something similar a while back
> > > and I found my answer. Seems like scheduled transactions acasue problems
> > > if gnucash isn't exited in a proper manner.
> > >

> > Might I add, it only happens when you have scheduled transactions that
> > you ask to create automatically. In order to fix the problem, I wen into
> > my .xac file and I changed all <sx:advanceCreateDays> values to 0 and my
> > file got loaded properly.
> >

> Actually there's more of a problem than this. I just ran into exactly
> the same thing and the above didnt fix it for me. Laurent this is, as
> you suggest, caused by a crash. Can you file a bug report for this and
> cc my email on it. I think this is something Josh needs to look into as
> users shouldn't need to edit their account files after a crash in order
> to get working again.
>
> Chris
> --
As a followup to this, I managed to get around the problem. I believe it
was being cause by a corrupted SX. I went the the SX editor and checked
all my SX's for the automatic creation flag being turned on. In my case
only one of them had this, however one SX consistantly crashed GnuCash
whenever I tried to open it with the following error;

** ERROR **: file gnc-dense-cal.c: line 1413 (gnc_dense_cal_mark):
assertion failed: (doc < dcal->numMarks)
aborting...
Aborted

I deleted this SX and now the since last run works fine. (Oh I turned
the single automatic creation flagged SX off)

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit