Budgeting in GNUcash

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
16 Sep 2002 09:54:27 +1000

Further information beyond what Josh said.

(*WARNING* this may be confusing!)

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 04:01, Josh Sled wrote:
> My ~/bin/gnc-dev-env script looks like this:
> --- #include ~/bin/gnc-dev-env ---
> #!/bin/bash
> # setup environment to develop for Gnucash 1.7.x
> # 2001.12.09 -- jsled
> PATH=/opt/gncdeps/bin:$PATH
> export PATH
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gncdeps/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> alias ag='./autogen.sh --prefix /opt/gnucash-unstable --enable-debug --enable-etags'

Presuming you installed the 1.3.2 g-wrap into /opt/g-wrap-1.3.2 with a
--prefix option to the configure of g-wrap 1.3.2, the gnucash autogen
option --with-g-wrap-prefix=/opt/g-wrap-1.3.2 appears to save you a lot
of this hassle.
You may also want a --enable-opt-style-install on the autogen of
gnucash. Not sure what it does (or doesn't) do over and above just
setting --prefix, but that's what I use, anyway.

I then just run /opt/gnucash-1.7/bin/gnucash and it all works. I don't
have to adjust my library paths or anything like that. For your
information, the gnucash executable created by cvs gnucash is actually
just a script that sets up many of these paths and then fires off the
"real" stuff. Have a look at it if you'd like to see how these things
are used for real.

Please note, however, that I am at this stage running a redhat built
gnucash 1.6 binary rpm. I have had problems in the past building both
the stable and cvs versions using this setup. The problems may or may
not have been related to this sort of setup - they were never resolved.

Conrad
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  url - http://www.watersprite.com.au/