Profit/Loss Income/Expense

Mike Talbot mike.talbot@zepler.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:59:37 +0100

Hello,

I've also experienced this problem with my mortgage repayments. I think the
solution is for GnuCash to provide a cashflow report (I can't believe it
doesn't do this already; cashflow analysis is critical to running a business
& probably more useful than any other report for the home user).

For a cashflow report I should be able to specify which account(s) are my cash
accounts (e.g. my current account and my wife's current account). For a given
period, the report should list the payments (i.e. money that has gone out of
these accounts) and the receipts (i.e. money that has come into these
accounts). Money transferred between these acounts would not show up.

E.g.

Cashflow report for Assets:Current Acct, Assets:Wife's Current Acct
in September

Receipts
  Income:Salary		1000

Payments
  Liabilities:Mortgage	 500
  Expenses:Food	 100
  Expenses:Bills		 100

Receipts Less Payments 300

At the moment I have to work this out 'manually' but it would be great if
GnuCash could do it for me. Apart from that I think GnuCash is very good - I
use it every day and I've even got my Mum using it!

Thanks,
Mike Talbot