SX Functional Def [WAS: Re: Gnucash 1.8 proposed schedule (and HBCI status)]

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:25:00 -0700

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 01:05:32PM -0400, Tim Wunder wrote:

| >>How should we deal with this. Do we schedule a recurrent transaction
| >>that is "in the ballpark" then adjust it when the actual pay stub
| >>arrives.
| >

| >That's what I would do, yes.
| >

| Isn't there limited support for formulaic equations in the SX template?
| I thought that was the basis for the new mortgage stuff...

Though I would agree with Derek that that is the clean thing to do ATM,
there is support for formulas in the expressions right now; they are
defined in scheme in src/scm/fin.scm.

One outstanding bug is to better represent the formula containing the
variable being bound at since-last-run time to make that adjustment
process easier [knowing that the 'adj' var you are binding is going to
'adj'ust the default value of $125, or whatever].

WRT having an external table or external data-source lookup for a datum of
the function/formula ... this is something that very-advanced-budgeting
might want as well [lookup regional/national fuel costs, for instance,
to predict current/upcoming expenses] ... but that's pretty far out of
scope for 1.8.  Though a table represented in a scheme expression for
very simple lookups could easily be created.

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
jabber:jsled@jabber.asynchronous.org, ICQ:4983267, {AIM,YIM}:joshsled