problem with my overrides directory

Olaf Faaland ofaaland at attbi.com
Sun Apr 6 23:18:10 CDT 2003

Hi,

Anything wrong with the way I'm running autogen, make, and make install?  The
path setting in the gnucash shell script is wrong.

I run autogen, etc...

olaf> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnucash-unstable --enable-doxygen
--disable-nls --with-g-wrap-prefix=/opt/g-wrap-1.3.4/ && make && make install

When I run this everything appears to compile and install without errors.
However, when running gnucash, it fails:

olaf> /opt/gnucash-unstable/bin/gnucash
/opt/gnucash-unstable/bin/gnucash: exec: gnucash: not found

/opt/gnucash-unstable/bin/gnucash contains:

========
#!/bin/sh
PATH="/opt/gnucash-unstable//libexec/overrides:${PATH}"
export PATH

GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED="no"
export GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED

exec "gnucash" "$@"
========

On my system, the real overrides path is
/opt/gnucash-unstable/libexec/gnucash/overrides/

Note that there's an extra 'gnucash' in there.  Modifying the shell script to
set the path this way seems to work fine.

./src/bin/Makefile.am seems to set the override directory this way, and I
don't understand how it could ever work; but the build tools are pretty
mysterous to me anyway.

thanks,
Olaf