Gnucash 1.8.2 first impressions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 9 13:13:09 CDT 2003

Herbert Thoma <tma at iis.fhg.de> writes:

> So why get the prices from the transfer dialog in? I see no difference
> between a price from the transfer dialog and a price from a
> stock/mutual-fund/currency register ...

Well, it got added when I started using the transfer dialog to enter
exchange rates...  People were asking about entering multiple,
multi-currency transactions and wanted gnucash to "help out"...  So
that's why it got added there.

> It may well be that you don't get prices from the net and then you
> would be happy with at least the prices from the transactions.
> (Remember: The reports only use prices from the pricedb.)

Remember that reports can be changed to use different price sources,
and some of them default to using a weighted average instead of using
the pricedb.. ;)