IIF, QIF, QuickBooks Import

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 17 00:45:33 CDT 2003

Craig Lanning <CraigL at Knology.net> writes:

> Well, I've upgraded my system to RH9, installed all the necessary
> libraries, checked gnucash out via CVS, successfully compiled and run
> it.  I'm interested in looking at the code related to IIF (and I guess
> QIF).  I also want to see what can be done to import data from
> QuickBooks (I have version 6).

As you know, right now there is no way to import from Quickbooks...

> Should I do all my work relative to the 1.8 branch or HEAD?

I would definitely recommend using the HEAD.  All new features are
applied to the HEAD first and then later applied to 1.8.

> Is anybody currently working with the QIF import code?  If not, is
> anybody familiar enough with it to answer questions?

Nobody is actively working on it.  I've been reluctantly maintaining
it.  I'd very much like to see the existing QIF importer go away and
see a UI created to tie into the new qif-io-core code....  (hint hint).