Fwd: PLCash Beta Release

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Sun Apr 20 23:00:42 CDT 2003

FYI.

Announced on comp.os.linux.setup:

,--------------- Forwarded message (begin)

 Subject: PLCash Beta Release
 From: Paul Lutus <nospam at nosite.zzz>
 Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:44:12 -0400
 Newsgroup: comp.os.linux.setup

 Dear Newsgroup:

 Please try out my new personal financial program, "PLCash." PLCash is
 cross-platform (Java), it is easy to use, and it is free (this is not
 a come-on, it will always be free). It is now available for download
 at http://www.arachnoid.com/PLCash in version 0.92 (beta).

 I wrote this program as part of my campaign to move away from (1)
 Microsoft Windows and (2) Intuit, both of whom appear to be trying to
 turn their clients into serfs. Notwithstanding my goal, PLCash runs
 fine on Windows, as well as the various flavors of Linux, and those
 Macintoshes running recent versions of OS X.

 Some features are not yet complete in this beta release, but the
 features of primary interest to the typical user are present:

 1. The ability to import and export QIF files.
 2. Classic account management features.
 3. The three primary flavors of check printing as in Quicken.
 4. Account reconciliation.
 5. The use of completely transparent data files (tab-separated
 database tables), easily imported into other programs.
 6. A nice, easy-to-use graphical interface.

 Because this is a beta release, I am open to bug reports and
 suggestions at http://www.arachnoid.com/messages.

 Thanks for taking a look.

 p.s. If this message appears more than once within a week, I apologize. I
 initially made the mistake of trying to post through Google. Google's
 response time is now like trying to ride a glacier to the sea.

 --
 Paul Lutus
 http://www.arachnoid.com

`--------------- Forwarded message (end)

Haven't looked at it much, nor am I likely to, but thought the listenership
might be interested...

Tim

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, KDE 3.1.CVS, Xfree86 4.2.1
  9:55pm  up 4 days,  9:13,  2 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.53, 0.28