stock thoughts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 1 12:48:13 CDT 2003

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:14:53AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> > Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:
> >
> > This is a bug.  This is what Lots are supposed to solve.  It has not
> > been finished.
>
> I think the 'scrub-to-lots' function works, and I think the file
> can save/restore these.   I think the register had problems, but I guess
> you just fixed that ?  What remains, what we don't have, and need,
> is a lot editor.

I've never tried the scrub-to-lots function so I don't know what it does
or how it works.

As for what else we need... well, some way to auto-compute the
gain/loss, so that the user only needs to enter the sale and the
gain/loss is auto-computed.  I just enabled the user to enter the
gain/loss for themselves, but IMHO that is far from sufficient.