translation question

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Aug 6 14:06:39 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham schrieb:
> Christian Stimming wrote:
>>> #. src/business/business-reports/fancy-invoice.scm
>>> #: intl-scm/guile-strings.c:873
>>> msgid "Invoice Date"
>>> msgstr "Data de Fatura"
>>
>> HTML markup should not at all show up in the msgid. This is a bug in
>> the code.
>>
>> In this particular case I don't even understand the point of this
>>  . IMHO this should be rendered exactly identical to
>> "Invoice<whitespace>Date". So in the translation you should probably
>> ignore the &nbsp; and act as if it were a simple whitespace.
>
> Could it be that "TEXT&nbsp;TEXT" doesn't word wrap?  And to force
> non-wrapping behaviour, the coder stuck in all those "&nbsp;"s ?

No, I don't think so. At least not according to HTML specs. THese are
all texts inside table cells. If one wants to force non-wrapping
behaviour, one would have to include the attribute "nowrap" to the table
cell definition i.e. <td nowrap>bla bla</td>, IIRC.

In this case it's just a bug in the code. Translate them as if there
were simply whitespaces instead of the &nbsp;.

Christian