namespace in the XML gnc-v2 tag proposal

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 22:50:10 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 18:26, Derek Atkins wrote:
> FYI, I have verified that this is not a backwards-compatible change.
> If this patch were committed, then files output with this patch
> applied would not be readable without this patch, which would be a
> major data compatibility issue.
>
> So I am not going to commit this patch.

That's too bad.  You think committing it to HEAD would be bad?  I mean,
once we go so far, the file won't be backwards compatible in any case...

Either way, I'm going to poke at an XSLT CSV conversion stylesheet, and
anyone that wants can insert the namespaces into their file and
transform the data to CSV.  Certainly would be much simpler than trying
to create a programatic converter.  Plus it would provide a reference
implementation that could be expanded to a QIF exporter, etc.  What's
the use of XML if we can't take advantage of the rest of its
capabilities!!

I tried using gnc:book instead of gnc-v2, but the stylesheet parser
don't like that...

--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.