GNUCash plus Gnome 2

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 12 14:24:41 CDT 2003

Tony Watts <tjawatts at totalise.co.uk> writes:

> Hi all
>
> I downloaded the branch that Tom started for Gnome 2, with just a little
> fiddle with then gnome-print (master->job and changing a couple of
> functions) I got it to work with gnome 2.2.1.

define "got it to work"?

> Anyhow, I am experimenting with the program (I am quite new to it), is
> there anything that there is a known problem with that I could try and
> debug? Or anything that I should test?

Anything?  Everything?  Lots of things probably dont work yet..

> Also I have set up the system as Tom suggested in May. How often is this
> branch updated? If I want to update to the latest CVS do I need to:

The g2 branch is periodically merged from HEAD..  How often this
happens, well, there isn't a regular schedule.  Also, there are
updates purely to the g2 branch when patches are sent.

> cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.gnucash.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot -z3 co -r
> gnucash-gnome2-dev gnucash
> cd ~/gnucash-g2/gnucashShadow
> lndir ../gnucash

Well, the first command will checkout the g2 tree.  After you have the
tree checked out you can just run:

cvs -q update -Pd

from the source tree to get any updates.

> Should I "make distclean" first or what. Sorry if this is a stupid
> question :-)

No, you should "rm -rf gnucashShadow" and then re-run the lndir.