GNUCash plus Gnome 2

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Tue Aug 12 19:07:07 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 10:24, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Anyhow, I am experimenting with the program (I am quite new to it),
> is
> > there anything that there is a known problem with that I could try
> and
> > debug? Or anything that I should test?
>
> Anything?  Everything?  Lots of things probably dont work yet..

A lot.  Just run gnucash from the command line (so that you will see
error messages) and play around with it. I'm sure you'll find errors and
crashes at this point.

> > Also I have set up the system as Tom suggested in May. How often is this
> > branch updated? If I want to update to the latest CVS do I need to:
>
> The g2 branch is periodically merged from HEAD..  How often this
> happens, well, there isn't a regular schedule.

Last update was Friday.  I'm going to try and merge changes from HEAD
about once a month.

> Also, there are updates purely to the g2 branch when patches are sent.

I just committed a huge set of changes late Sunday (PST). If your tree
is older than that you should update it.

David