Missing gncGUIDCache table in PG Backend

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Wed Aug 13 21:57:10 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 07:49:30PM -0500, Matthew Vanecek was heard to remark:

> No, I understand it quite well.  I may not have framed the question
> clearly, though.

OK,

I guess I'm just feeling protective & prickly a bit.  I'll spare the
rant about other developers who promised to 'improve' things and
instead broke things that used to work, things they didn't understand.
(like the fact that gnucash 1.2 did cap gains better than 1.8 does).
So now, older and wiser, get prickly about anything that has the
faintest wiff of backsliding.  My apologies, please understand.

> gncGUIDcache table was dropped, and it's references (apparently) removed
> from Gnucash, I don't know what the table looks like and therefore

Its still in CVS, somewhere ...

> Derek suggested not worrying about it, as it's unlikely anyone has an
> installation that old using the database backend.  I'm inclined to

Yes i agree.

> agree, and have moved on in life.  The other upgrades work (now), so all
> is well, I reckon.

They should have always worked, I know I tested them, so I find this
statement vaguely alarming.  That's what I mean about 'faintest wiff';
it may be a false alarm, but its an alarm anyways ...

--linas