Documentation web page is live!

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Sat Aug 16 19:08:29 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 17:15, Herman wrote:
> Well, just as the Docbook author said: "Don't learn XML".  I want to say:
> "Don't learn Docbook".
>
> OpenOffice.org version 1.1RC2, can output in Docbook format.  There is not
> much need to learn a bunch of arcane tags. :-)

Well, while you're technically correct, OOo does output XML, it
nevertheless _is_ still necessary to learn DocBook XML. The DocBook
support in OOo is still very rudimentary and doesn't support quite a few
tags that are used and necessary in hacking on the GnuCash
documentation. I use it, mostly so when writing I can concentrate on the
content, but it has always been necessary to go over the document
afterwards to verify all the tags are there and that the document passes
the xmllint test. It may eventually improve enough to do a perfect
import and export of DocBook XML, but until that day you still need to
know the language.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica