problems compiling gnucash (gnucash-gnome2-dev branch)

Tony Watts tjawatts at totalise.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 21:35:10 CDT 2003

Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Tony Watts wrote:
>
>>>print-session.h:31:46: libgnomeprint/gnome-print-master.h: No such
>

>>In 2.2 the API changed, you need to change "Master" to "Job" in the
>>print files for GNUCash and change any calls to libgnomeprint to reflect
>>any differences in the interface. I did it once, but on the build I
>>downloaded a day or two ago it worked without any changes.
>

> Thanks, now I have done that, too. (Suits me right if I don't read my email...)
> My checkout is what I got with "-r gnucash-gnome2-dev" this morning (CET). It
> still depended on gnome-print* 2.0. Is there a better branch to take?
>
> I deduce from your comments that there's no need to send patches anywhere, right?
>
> Cheers
>
> T.

I didnt submit a patch, I am a bit new to this. Maybe I have the edited
files still in the tree somehow (it is possible!). I am getting used to
the CVS etc and trying to see if there is anything I can fix (programmed
quite a lot but not with CVS). I must learn how to create a patch at
some point, maybe someone could direct me to good place to learn.

If those responsible would like you (or I) to submit a patch for this
print fix they could let us know. I know the idea was to port to 2.0 but
I think that is a bit behind the times seeing as 2.4 is about to come
out. If this is the only problem with 2.0 vs 2.2 (or even 2.4) then
surely we can do something at configure time to use the correct files (I
think it only effect 2 or maybe 3 files).

Tony