problems compiling gnucash (gnucash-gnome2-dev branch)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 17 13:42:45 CDT 2003

Tony Watts <tjawatts at totalise.co.uk> writes:

> I didnt submit a patch, I am a bit new to this. Maybe I have the
> edited files still in the tree somehow (it is possible!). I am getting
> used to the CVS etc and trying to see if there is anything I can fix
> (programmed quite a lot but not with CVS). I must learn how to create
> a patch at some point, maybe someone could direct me to good place to
> learn.

If you're only changing files (not adding/removing files), you can use:

        cvs -q diff -u

> If those responsible would like you (or I) to submit a patch for this
> print fix they could let us know. I know the idea was to port to 2.0
> but I think that is a bit behind the times seeing as 2.4 is about to
> come out. If this is the only problem with 2.0 vs 2.2 (or even 2.4)
> then surely we can do something at configure time to use the correct
> files (I think it only effect 2 or maybe 3 files).

I think we agreed that we're porting to Gnome-2.2, not 2.0.
Basically, RH9 is our "target platform".  If it exists in RH9, it's ok
to use.  If it does NOT exist in RH9, then you have to justify why you
need it.