problems compiling gnucash (gnucash-gnome2-dev branch)

Thomas Viehmann tv at beamnet.de
Sun Aug 17 20:03:14 CDT 2003

Tony Watts wrote:
> I didnt submit a patch, I am a bit new to this. Maybe I have the edited
> files still in the tree somehow (it is possible!). I am getting used to
> the CVS etc and trying to see if there is anything I can fix (programmed
> quite a lot but not with CVS). I must learn how to create a patch at
> some point, maybe someone could direct me to good place to learn.
Probably, cvs detected your changes and did not update.

I'd suggest you look at
<http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html>. That help's you learn as you go
along. (Or at least it has helped (and helps) me.)

> If those responsible would like you (or I) to submit a patch for this
> print fix they could let us know. I know the idea was to port to 2.0 but
> I think that is a bit behind the times seeing as 2.4 is about to come
> out. If this is the only problem with 2.0 vs 2.2 (or even 2.4) then
> surely we can do something at configure time to use the correct files (I
> think it only effect 2 or maybe 3 files).
I'd be perfectly happy with both. If you could send me a patch, I'd be happy to
try it and use it as a base for my efforts. (See also Derek's mail on how to get
a patch.)

Cheers

T.