problems compiling gnucash (gnucash-gnome2-dev branch)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 17 14:07:58 CDT 2003

Thomas Viehmann <tv at beamnet.de> writes:

> Tony Watts wrote:
> > I didnt submit a patch, I am a bit new to this. Maybe I have the edited
> > files still in the tree somehow (it is possible!). I am getting used to
> > the CVS etc and trying to see if there is anything I can fix (programmed
> > quite a lot but not with CVS). I must learn how to create a patch at
> > some point, maybe someone could direct me to good place to learn.
> Probably, cvs detected your changes and did not update.

Well, not quite. CVS will auto-merge changes..  This means that if you
make a change to your copy of a file and someone has committed a
change to that same file in the repository, when you update CVS will
attempt to merge the two set of changes.  Sometimes this works fine,
sometimes there is a conflict.  If there's a conflict, you need to
manually fix that.

> I'd suggest you look at
> <http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html>. That help's you learn as you go
> along. (Or at least it has helped (and helps) me.)

Seconded.. A good book on CVS.