Regarding "Call for help"

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Sun Aug 17 19:23:35 CDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 06:18:53PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Daniel Carrera <dcarrera at math.umd.edu> writes:
>
> > Well, the idea was to attract developers who would not be willing to
> > tackle Scheme but might be willing to use something else.
>
> If you know python or ruby or perl then you can learn scheme.
> Not being _willing_ to learn scheme is a different issue, and
> has nothing to do with simplicity.

Alright, if you say so.  I don't know scheme.  I realize I'm speaking from
a point of view of ignorance.  I was under the impression that scheme was
very difficult to learn and use and I thought that changing that might
lower the barrier for colaborating with GnuCash.

> It's more trouble than it's worth -- maintaining the scheme bindings
> are hard enough.

Alright.  Thank you for responding to my suggestion.

--
Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD.  PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
  .-"~~~"-.   On the menu of a Swiss restaurant: