Budgeting (was: I'm willing to help)

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mon Aug 18 03:23:52 CDT 2003

On Sunday 17 August 2003 12:13, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> I'm willing to help with Gnucash development.  My preferred project
> would be budgeting since that is the weakness in Gnucash that I need
> filled.  If that is being worked on, contact me and I'll help with
> design, coding, testing and/or documentation.  If it is not being worked
> on, I'll start.

Although we are decreasing the efforts of core developers for new features
except in some critical areas pointed in the article, it would be great for
new developers to start working on features like budgeting.

Since you seem to be quite motivated, I encourage you to start the discussion
on gnucash-devel about the design of such a feature.  I also encourage you to
take the leadership of this effort (or find someone who is willing) and try
to build a team around it.

Core developers will definitely participate in this discussion, but won't have
time to drive this effort.

From my little database of offers to help, people potentially interested on
working specifically on this include:

Stephen Cuppett <stephen.cuppett at webmastersinc.net>
Also "derek" on IRC, whose email I unfortunately lost.

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/