The financial contribution issue

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Tue Aug 19 00:27:44 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 22:54, Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> We would need a paypal tip jar very soon.  Linas can you set one quickly with
> a @gnucash,org address?

This is the only part of your email I disagree with, I've stated this
before but here goes... I really don't like the idea of using paypal to
collect/keep any monies for the project, I have seen examples (the
abiword project being the most recent) of bad things happening where
projects loose money given to them because of paypal policies. I would
be willing to compromise on monies passing thru it to facilitate
donations but there being sufficient care taken to remove the money from
paypal taking it out of an account.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica