merging po files

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Aug 19 18:57:33 CDT 2003

Nikos Charonitakis schrieb:
> my lang file el.po has 1055 translated messages although i have posted
> an update (1370 translated messages)

You posted an update? Then sorry, I may have missed it. Usually you can
submit it to gnucash-patches at gnucash.org (with CC: to me), and it should
be committed to CVS sooner or later.

> I tried this method
>
> msmerge -o final-el.po updated-el.po gnucash.pot
> this makes a new file final-el.po that contains 1350 messages instead of
> 1370 i expected.
> Is that ok or i have to try something else?

This looks ok to me. Some of the translated messages in updated-el.po
may already be out of use again (probably due to src/scm/help-topics.scm
change). The new final-el.po file only contains the translations from
messages that are *currently* in use, which means those can be different
translations than what you used earlier. Yes, I agree this is
unfortunate, but that's how the translation system works.

Christian