Translators web page

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Aug 20 18:19:53 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham schrieb:

> I put up a prototype of a translators web page.  Why?  Because besides
> documentation, doing translations is one of the easiest ways for new
> contributors to start working on GnuCash.  I want this web page to be a
> convenient way for them to get started.

Wow. Great idea. Yes, looks very cool.

> It is not linked to the main page, so noone can access it except through
> this direct link.

You could very well add a link to it, both on
http://www.gnucash.org/en/contribute.phtml and in all the FAQs that deal
with helping.

> Oh, in terms of maintenance, you all know I am nothing if not lazy.  We
> should link the "TRANSLATION_HOWTO" directly to the CVS web access
> document (if possible)

yes

> and the pretty statistics table is generated
> automatically by the postats.pl script I wrote.

Why do you exclude the strings from guile-string.c? These are important,
as they are e.g. all the preferences.

> I would like to get my postats.pl script included in the gnucash
> package.  Is that a good idea?

I think it is. Maybe in lib/postats.pl or in src/experimental/postats.pl.

Christian