billpay

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Fri Aug 29 18:19:19 CDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 03:03:30PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman was heard to remark:
> > What I can do is sign up for my Bank's Web Billpay.  This has some
> In prinmciple, OFX supports billpay. But I'm not yet aware of any bank
> that has enabled OFX billpay.   We also do not currently support
> 'live' OFX sessions.

It would be an acceptable interim measure to write checks on the web,
then download transactions to GnuCash.  I'd still have to go in and
edit each transaction to add accounting detail, but at least the
cash flow would be mostly automatic (except for remembering to
download transactions.)  I could also see some scripts recognizing
common transactions by Merchant, and generating detail automatically.

--
			Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>
	"[Microsoft] products are even less buggy than others, in terms of