Problems to build on Debian Woody

mhopf at innominate.com mhopf at innominate.com
Tue Aug 26 18:43:38 CDT 2003

Hello,

I'm using Debian Woody and configure gives me some trouble with 'guile':

i) It's fails to detect my version of guile.

hopf at cthulhu:/space/gnucash-1.8.5 > guile --version
Guile 1.4
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

ii) After I've hardcoded the check to 'version_ok=yes', I've failed to
    build g-wrap-1.3.4 as it also fails to discover my 'guile' installation.
    There are also no pre-compiled Debian packages available for 1.3.4.
    The latest pre-compiled version is 1.2.1.

Bye,
  Mark

P.S.
It would be also nice to sign the tarballs with GnuPG. I intend to
test OpenHBCI but I'm afraid that some attacked sources will empty my
bank account.

Bye,
  Mark

mhopf at innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG
software engineer                                   enabling security
tel: +49.30.6392-3305                      http://www.innominate.com/