Scripting of OFX imports via Scheme?

Derek Atkins warlord at mit.edu
Thu Dec 4 17:01:19 CST 2003

Hi,

Quoting Jeremy Jongsma <jeremy at jongsma.org>:

> Is there an easy way to script importing an OFX file from the command
> line?  Until direct download is implemented, I was hoping to use a cron
> job to update my account every night, and just reconcile the new
> transactions in the account register the next time I use GnuCash.

Unfortunately I do not believe that the OFX importer API has been
g-wrapped to allow for a scheme script to automate the process.  Another
issue is that the importer has a GUI component to deal with transaction
destination mapping and duplicate detection which cannot be automated.

So, no, I do not think there is any way to script an import (nor do I
think just wrapping the import APIs in g-wrap would help).

Good Luck,