CVS binary: libgw-gnc.so not found

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 2 14:25:11 CST 2003

On  2 Feb, Christian Gatzemeier wrote:
> Zitat von Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>:
>
>> Um, you should have a /usr/local/lib/libgw-gnc*
>>
>> If you don't then something MAJOR went wrong in the build process.  Or
>> you tried using "make install" with a DESTDIR.
>
> AFAIK I did just a plain make install (I did not export variables)
>
> The only libgw-gnc* files I have are
>
> /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgw-gnc-module.a
> /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgw-gnc-module.la
> /usr/local/lib/libgw-gnc.a
> /usr/local/lib/libgw-gnc.la
>
> There is no shared library. (even not in the build directory)

I had similar problems in the past. I ended up writing a Tcl script that
copied the libs for me after I did the complete install. Maybe it'll
work for you. I'm attaching it here.

To make it work:

% make install |& tee output.txt
% tclsh install.tcl

I make no guarantees!

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval at videotron.ca>

"Even though I try never to forget a face... I'm willing to make an exception
in your case."
        -Groucho Marx
                                                          -
Tap Into Your Full Potential/Puisez Dans Votre Plein Potentiel
My/Mon Club:          http://www.geocities.com/tmsuroit
My/Mon District:      http://www.toastmastersdistrict61.org
My/Mon Organisation:  http://www.toastmasters.org