Import transactions change proposal

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mon Feb 3 23:53:44 CST 2003

On February 3, 2003 05:28 pm, Chris Morgan wrote:
> > The problem is that there are NO BUTTONS AT ALL (as far as Gtk is
> > concerned) in that window, except for "Ok" and "Cancel".
>
> Might be useful to add a couple of buttons then.  I'll look to see how ms
> money handles things.  I suspect that the hundreds of thousands ms has
> spent on ms money has paid off in an easy to use importer gui.

You can't add a button (or any other widget) in a cell of a GtkClist.  That
would be a cell of type GTK_CELL_WIDGET, and support for it was never
completed.  If you could I wouldn't have had to emulate buttons using the
select signals.

As for the interface, I don't know how money does it, but Quicken 2000's was a
an three pane window.  One was a register, one a list of transactions, and a
third contained the buttons applicable to the selected transaction.  The
matching was horrible (aparently, it used whatever the most recent
transaction with the same amount was, very annoying).

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/