console interface

Christopher Browne gnucash at cbbrowne.com
Tue Feb 11 14:21:07 CST 2003

> Yes, it is _POSSIBLE_ to write an ncurses interface, but...
>
>   a) it has not been done,
>   b) it would be a lot of work, and
>   c) there probably is not a lot of interest by developers to write it.
>
> I think that (b) is probably the largest deterrent.
>
> PS: Patches for an ncurses interface would certainly be accepted ;)

I'm not sure that ncurses would be the best choice for the "unsighted;"
that leaves the user interface captive to an "ncurses program."

It seems more likely to me that a scriptable command line user interface
akin to that of MH would be more useful.

Something like:
% qfolder +Chequing
Chequing+ has 273 transactions  (3-479);
% qpick -after 2002-09-01 -before 2003-02-01 -payee "My Landlord"
375 391 411 441 460
% qshow 411