autogen failure? configuring gnucash from CVS

TomF TomF at sjpc.org
Tue Feb 11 22:44:08 CST 2003

I tried autogen on my RH8 system after checking out the latest
gnucash from CVS with current directory /home/Tom/gnucash-g1.  The
following messages have me worried:

patching file po/Makefile.in.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 34.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 86.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 171.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file po/Makefile.in.in.rej

checking for libofx/libofx.h... checking for libofx... configure: error:
*** Cannot compile test program for libofx library. Please check
config.log for the exact error.

The problem with libofx is probably that I installed it in
/home/Tom/gnucash-g1/installd, and configure was looking elsewhere.  I
prefer to leave it there, and to fix it on the configure side, if I can.

What needs to be done about the patching failures?

Here is the output, with obviously ok lines deleted (I have config.log,
if needed):

[Tom at localhost gnucash]$ ./autogen.sh --enable-ofx
--enable-opt-style-install -- prefix=/home/Tom/gnucash-g1/gnucash
processing .
deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Wiping out intl/ subdirectory
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Copying file config.rpath
Copying file m4/uintmax_t.m4
Updating EXTRA_DIST in m4/Makefile.am (backup is in m4/Makefile.am~)
Adding an entry to m4/ChangeLog (backup is in m4/ChangeLog~)
Updating Makefile.am (backup is in Makefile.am~)
Updating configure.in (backup is in configure.in~)
Adding an entry to ChangeLog (backup is in ChangeLog~)

Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.5 (or newer) to do this.
Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure
--disable-nls option.

Press Return to acknowledge the previous three paragraphs.

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running intltoolize ...
patching file po/Makefile.in.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 34.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 86.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 171.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file po/Makefile.in.in.rej
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
/usr/bin/automake l ine 8449.
: installing `./config.guess'
/usr/bin/automake l ine 8449.
: installing `./config.sub'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
src/doc/design/Makefile.am:2: installing `src/doc/design/texinfo.tex'
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-error-on-warning
--enable-compile-warnings --enable-ofx --enable-opt-style-install
--prefix=/home/Tom/gnucash-g1/gnucash ... checking for gcc... gcc
checking for xmlElemDump in -lxml... yes
checking for libofx/libofx.h... checking for libofx... configure: error:
*** Cannot compile test program for libofx library. Please check
config.log for the exact error.
[Tom at localhost gnucash]$