Unresolved symbol: __moddi3 (code) from libgncmod-engine.sl.0

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 18 11:24:41 CST 2003

"Gansser, Martin" <MGansser at rand.de> writes:

> gcc uses on hpux the native ld, there is no GNU ld available.

That's fine, but that isn't the issue...

> I do the following as you suggest, but a new error message appears:
>
> prounix_root:/opt/gnucash/bin # ./gnucash
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __divdi3 (code)  from /opt/gnucash/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.sl.0
> IOT Abfrage (Hauptspeicherauszug ausgegeben)

*SIGH*

I have no clue was /usr/lib/dld.sl is..  However what this means
is that your local compiler is doing something special, and GCC
is also doing something special.  SO..  What you probably need to
do is something like:

        rm config.cache
        rm libtoo
        env LIBS=-lgcc ./configure ...
        make clean
        make all
        make install

Note that you may need to provide the full path to your copy of
libgcc.  Try this and see if it fixes it....