gnucash 1.8.1 - Main Window Options Causes Crash on Apply or OK

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 21 23:33:00 CST 2003

Budman <budman85 at adelphia.net> writes:

[snip]
> Then I ran as user - now gnucash ran! :)  Is there something that needs
> to be created somewhere that the user may not have access too?

Yes, you need to build the slib "cat" file.  Most distros should
do this, but not all do.

> Now for the crashing part...  When I click on Options from the Main
> Window to hide all accounts except Bank and Credit, when I click Apply
> or OK,  gnucash crashes with:
>     ERROR: missing or extra expression

This is a known bug.  Please check the archives.  The fix (if you
compile yourself) is to find the string "()" in
src/gnome-utils/dialog-options.c and change it to "'()" (i.e.  add a
single-quote before the two parens).

This fix will be in 1.8.2.