split transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 24 11:04:25 CST 2003

Just to make sure what you're asking -- you want something that
is half-way between "auto-split" and "transaction ledger" mode,
such that it will auto-split a "split transaction" but basic-ledger
a standard transaction?

Currently no, there is no way to do that.  I believe there was a
request for it on one of the lists, but I do not see an RFE in
bugzilla.  I agree it is a good idea.  You should file a request with
bugzilla.

-derek