libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 25 16:34:58 CST 2003

Matthew Vanecek <mevanecek at yahoo.com> writes:

> > I tried once again with following configure options:
> >
> > #!/bin/csh -f
> > #
> > #setenv LINGUAS de
> > setenv LDFLAGS "-L/opt/gnome/lib"
> > setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/local/lib"
> > setenv LIBS "-L/usr/local/lib -lgcc"
> > gmake distclean
> > rm config.cache
> > rm libtool
> > ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnucash --with-glib-prefix=/opt/gnome \
> >             --with-gnome-includes=/opt/gnome/include \
> >             --with-gnome-libs=/opt/gnome/lib \
> >             --with-g-wrap-prefix=/usr/local \
> >             --disable-error-on-warning \
> >             --disable-openhbcitest \
> >             --enable-opt-style-install \
> >             --disable-guppi
> > gmake
> > gmake install
> >
> > but it fails with the following error message:

What fails, "gmake" or "gmake install"?  Based on your errors, I would
say "gmake install" is failing....

> > libtool: link: warning: this platform does not like uninstalled shared libraries
> > libtool: link: `test-link-module' will be relinked during installation
[snip]

Is /opt/gnome/lib in your library path?

Another problem is that it looks like libtool does not know how to build
a shared library on your system.  I can tell because in this line:

> > p-utils.a /opt/mgansser/GNU/gnucash-1.8.1/src/engine/.libs/libgncmod-engine.a /opt/mgansser/GNU/gnuc

It has "libgncmod-engine.a", whereas it should have "libgncmod-engine.sl".
So, you need to figure out why configure/libtool doesn't know how to build
shared libraries.