accounting for stock trades

Phillip Shelton shelton@usq.edu.au
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:20:37 +1000

That still does not address where the balancing entry for the gain/loss is =
put. (At least it does not do it for me.)  And I thought that was the point=
 of double entry accounting.  I will admit I am very new to the field of ma=
king money.

Maybe, (And you would lean toward this, Derek?) capital gain is allowed to =
be "unbalanced"? The balancing entry is the reduction of the "hard" asset.